For participants with basic knowledge. These courses lead up to Level A2 of the European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- Communication in familiar situations everyday
- Relate understanding of basic statements of reading and listening texts, the areas and needs of everyday life or familiar topics
- Simple texts about familiar topics and personal interests.
Their own history, language learners
- Can speak easily and briefly about his / her reasons for migrating.
- Can simplify and shorten his / her experience report.
- Can express individual language, learning needs and objectives.
- Can speak about the importance of learning the target language for their own future.
Media, Internet, television and radio, Email
- Can read newspapers and magazines, understand thematic priorities and categories.
- Can take the most important information in short reports newspapers or on the Internet.
- Can extract relevant informations from TV and radio commercials.
- Can understand common commands in German versions of Office programs.
Weekend plans, arrange appointment SMS, in the restaurant
- Can make a reservation by phone call.
- Can choose and order food in a restaurant.
School subjects, school grades, school system, school
- Can give essential information for nursing and education system in the country in simple words.
- Can understand essential information from a letter sent by the school.
- Can understand essential information from a PTA meeting.
- Can understand simple written information.
- Can phone in sick with simple words.
- Can leave a short note with important information colleagues.
- Can understand simple oral instructions.
- Can make an appointment proposal and respond to a proposed date.
Housing, DIY, hardware store
- Can check in daily newspapers, weekly papers or the Internet via the housing market.
- Can refer to him / her relevant information about apartment listings.
- Can arrange a viewing by phone with simple words.
Celebrations, holidays, gifts, wedding
- Can make an invitation to a party.
- Can be grateful for an invitation with friends or colleagues and predict or cancel friendly and with indication of a reason.
- Can give a compliment in simple words and give thanks to someone
- Can congratulate and express good wishes in simple words.
Training courses (finance), registration by telephone
- Can understand the key information about training contents.
- Can take the most important information from simple advertisement training services.
- Can say what he / she may have done so far and would like to make in the future.
- Can write a simple, clear note and offer a service.
Diet, doctor, health insurance, pharmacy.
- Can extract relevant information on health counsellors.
- Can talk to the doctor, give simple information about the health status and understand simple behaviours.
- Can obtain information from the health insurance company.
Applications, characteristics of workers
- Can write a CV using a template.
- Can understand an interview, which contains simple information, and respond to it.
- Can express himself/herself in an interview with simple terms his / her consent to certain working conditions or express their own ideas and ask questions.
Travel, booking, planning
- Has the capacity to book a flight or train journey at the counter or by phone.
- Can express that he / she has a reserved place.
- Can make an emergency call by phone
- Teaching concept Human Relief.
Social connections, country of origin, neighbourhood, clubs and organizations
- Can more easily indicate his / her opinion of experienced or observed aspects of life in Austria.
- Can describe in simple words his / her intercultural experiences
Bank, insurance, purchase and Complaints
- Can check the banks and insurance companies.
- Can check the banking services.
- Can give relevant information at the counter when using banking services.